About this listing
What is Teach for Change?
Teach for Change (TFC) is a program that brings in 35+ international volunteers at a time to join partner schools across the country. Volunteers work with an innovative team of locals and internationals alike to provide quality English classes to children of all ages and skill levels. We partner primarily with schools in the countryside who are unable to afford fluent English teachers, but who still want to give their students a fair chance at learning the language, for a low-cost or even for free.
For every volunteer that we send, partners provide a small sum of money that is used to fund the Her Academy and Her Craft support services. Not only do our volunteers directly aid the students that they are working with, but their services allow us to realize the Empowerment Plan programs!
The role/expectations What does the work schedule look like? Please give as much detail as possibleTFC Volunteer Role and Expectations include:
- Plan English class lessons for students depending on the need of the partner school
- Teach English classes for up to 18 hours per week
- Bring your passion and creativity into the classroom
- Treat other volunteers, hosts and fellow teachers with respect
- Share household duties within your accommodations
What are the Benefits of Volunteering with you? What will you learn?
✓Live with a Vietnamese homestay family or share a volunteer house with other internationals and locals alike. This will be a unique cultural exchange experience, either way!✓ Learn how to teach English in an international environment ✓ Eat 2 authentic, delicious Vietnamese meals per day, ✓ Receive a 3-month Invitation Letter for your visa ✓ Get your 120-hour online TEFL Certificate with our special discount from our partnership with TEFL UK ✓ Join other volunteers in local travels to cultural centers, beautiful national parks, and beach cities! ✓ Use your English skills to truly make a positive impact on the communities in Vietnam
- ID : 4405
- Type: Various Accommodation Types Provided / Education
- How many hours of work per day/week: 18 hours per week
- Type of weather : Hot during the spring, summer, and autumn months, but cold during the winter. Northern regions of Vietnam get quite cold, especially in the mountains!
- Languages spoken: English and Vietnamese
- Are you able to host volunteers / interns with physical impairments such as mobility limitations (e.g. in a wheelchair), blindness, or deafness?: No
- Do You Charge Volunteers? : No
What does the organization offer?
- Running Water
- Vegetarian Meals Provided
- Visa Support
What Should Volunteer bring and what are they responsible for ?
- Airline tickets
- Bug spray
- Sun tan lotion
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: No
- Additional rules information
- Excessive drinking and illegal drug use is not allowed in the house. Special permission may be given based on the host's wishes. Some hosts allow volunteers to bring their pets and children, but please request this before a host has been chosen.
- The minimum stay is 90 nights
Hosted by Coins for Change Vietnam
- Profile Status
- Sort By: