About this listing
A charity organization Health&Help is looking for a Photographer, to be based in the village Chuinajtajuyub, Totonikapan area, Guatemala and help the project pro bono.
Health&Help is a charity project which aims to provide the local population in remote areas of Guatemala with medical services of high quality at a free clinic.
The role/expectations What does the work schedule look like? Please give as much detail as possibleIn this role you will be expected to film and take photos of the project development on a daily basis. You should be able to work on-site as well as during the field trips, providing quality material afterwards. A 6-8 hours working day, 6 days a week. A successful candidate is:
- Expected to stay for at least two weeks;
- Bring his/her work equipment and software;
- Is tolerant and accepting of foreign cultures and lifestyles;
- Has previous experience handling low resources situations (camping, distant places);
- Is independent and confident when finding themselves in a new situation, e.g. being in a foreign country and/or having to hitchhike;
- Handles emergency and critical situations well;
- Always ready to assist and good in his/her own field;
- Detail and goal-oriented;
- An emerging leader, true team player, a sharer rather than a protector; has the ability to juggle with several matters at one time;
- Has an appropriate degree and speaks fluent and grammatically correct English and fair Spanish (B1); Russian language skills are a plus.
- Escorting our medical volunteers and taking photos on a daily basis;
- Editing videos on the daily life of the project in Guatemala;
- Creating appropriate products;
- Handling the material daily and posting it on social media with a caption (50-60 words), following a certain schedule;
- Preparing and writing articles once a week (appr. 600 words);
What are the Benefits of Volunteering with you? What will you learn?We offer:
- A place to stay and hot meals to eat free of charge;
- A letter of recommendation upon request;
- A friendly team, full of professionals;
- An opportunity to develop your skills and find out more about yourself and other people and cultures;
- Endless love and gratitude from all the locals, fellow volunteers and all over the world;
- ID : 5732
- Type: Volunteer House Shared Room
What does the organization offer?
- Language lessons
- Running Water
- Vegetarian Meals Provided
- Visa Support
What Should Volunteer bring and what are they responsible for ?
- Airline tickets
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Children allowed: No
Hosted by HealthHelp
- Profile Status
- Sort By:
Verified Reviews - All reviews are from verified guests.